The majority of Urban Escape Studios do not require planning permission as they are designed to comply with the government permitted development law, providing that the studio:
- will not exceed a maximum overall height of 2.5m if the site is within 2m of your boundary;
- will not stand forward of the principal elevation of your house, fronting the highway;
- will not occupy more than half the area of land around the original house along with other buildings and additions;
- will not be built at the side of your house, on land designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a national park, the Broads or a World Heritage Site;
- is not located in a conservation area or within the curtilage of a listed building.
If there is any concern that a studio will require planning permission, we will contact the local planning office to clarify the situation. Urban Escape Studios can apply for planning permission on behalf of our clients on payment of an additional fee.